Monday, May 26, 2014

Taiwan May 18 2014

Hello everyone!!!!

     It's been a great week hasn't it?? I love hearing about how all of you are doing, and hope you will enjoy hearing about my week haha :D 

So first of, Congratulations Karen!!!!!!!!!!!! You're Graduated!!!!!!!!! wa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so awesome!!!! I wish I could have been there to see haha, You're going to be the newest and best and most  厲害 Orthopedic Surgeon that the world has ever seen!!!!! I can't wait till I get back and can join you in the medical field :D Ghee :D 

So, I am doing good this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been an amazing move call with Elder Lindsey! He is by far my favorite companion so far haha :D There's a possibility he might move next Monday, so I'm kind of sad...... but that's ok, I'm sure my next companion will be good too...... just not as good as Elder Lindsey haha ;) 

This week, I decided to put my heart into learning Bo, Po, Mo, Fo witch is like the Chinese alphabet. It has 37 Characters, and it's actually pretty good!!! I can type using the keyboard now, and not a PinYin Translator, but it takes really really long.... yikes. haha, but I'm still going for it! yay!! It's been a good journey, and I think it'll help me a lot be able to text people and stuff here in Taiwan :D 

well this week was a crazy adventure!!!!!! Every day we wen't somewhere somewhat far, want to hear about it?? oh..... let me tell you ;) 

Monday: Got to see my parents!!!!! and family!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha, all that good fun, and then we went to an aquarium in our secondary area. It took us like 45 minutes to ride there, and it was really hot, but super worth it! The aquarium was beautiful and had air conditioning :D Ghee :D 

Tuesday: We went out to the coast line about 1 hour away to a vacation resort of YoHo to visit a former. It was really fun, and super cool!! Her name is 小玉, or small jade, and she's a super cool investigator! She likes to introduce us to her friends and talk about God, so it's going good :D 

Wednesday: We took our weekly trip up to Man Zhou (1 away.... over a mountain....) and met with our investigators Sister Yu and Brother Xiong (Xiong is bear.... so I guess he's Brother Bear hahahaha) and also ate some Man Tou. All of the investigators we're teaching are still in the beginning stages, and it's cool to be able to teach them all and see who has the willpower to go and try what we teach and see if it'll make a difference! I'm super excited to see where they go :D Oh, and my tire popped on the way home, so that was an adventure walking home haha :D 

Thursday: 聖牛!!!! Holly cow! It was a cool day :D So we broke the record today (the record that we set ourselves.... haha) and we went to our secondary area of Mu Dan in the middle of Aboriginal territory and talked to all of them :D It was super fun, and we found a bunch of people that we'll hopefully be able to meet with! Then we went to a place called 出火 Chu Huo with a less active and had a fireside talk with him ;) Chu Huo is a place where natural gas leaks out of the earth, and they can't harvest it.... so somebody lit it of fire, and it's been burning ever since haha :D 

Friday: Planning session, and then we actually stayed in Heng Chun the entire day haha :D We had a dinner with a less active, and me and him decided to do a competition on who could read the most of the book of Mormon by June 30th, and whoever loses takes the other out to dinner haha ;) I'm super excited! 

Saturday: Today we went to Da Guang and Bai Sha to visit some less actives and our investigator out there :D We ran into some Jehovah Witnesses on the way and they were super nice haha :D Ya, and then we set up a plan with a Brother Liu to Come back to church so that he can be sealed to his family in the Temple. 

Sunday: A good sunday!! our family home evening we held at night.... well..... nobody came, but me and Elder Lindsey had our own fun Family home evening haha ;) yay :D We were going to go to Fong Gang about 2 hours away, but we didn't have the time :/ But next week, we're going to head out there! Super excited :D We have a recent convert who's mom lives out there, so we're going to visit here :D 

So ya, that was my week!! I'll send some pictures!!! Remember, that if we want to get a lot out of life and make it mean more, we must put a lot of effort into it! As the Scripture say, we reap what we sow..... something fun to think about ;) 

CTR, (義)

Elder Dawson (陶長老) 

Our Trip this morning :D 

 The Aquarium

City Welcome


No comments:

Post a Comment