Wednesday, October 23, 2013

MTC Week 9 Last week

Dear Family, Cheese, and... wow... sorry, ran out of anything creative haha, 

     Yay emails!!! So today... last P-Day at the MTC.... its crazy!!! I've learned and grown so much, and yet I feel as if I still am stupid haha! That's good to know about my violin, it's going to be my carry on, so that it doesn't get broken :) Thanks for all the things you're doing for me back at home!! Sounds like you're having a great time at home!!! So I got to perform for stafford in his first meeting in the MTC, and he also stays in my building, so I see him everyday!! Plus, best part of this all, is that me and him have the same suit!! We're practically twins!! Except hes skinny and I'm.... well.... Its close. Moving on!! I can't wait to hear about your mission dad!! Any advice for heading out into the field?? I'm so excited to finally get started in the work!! 

So I really don't have a lot of time today, so here comes speed typing!! Please, no making fun of me if I mess up a ton haha, but here we go! So I promised last week that this week I'd focus on spiritual thoughts, so I'll give a super quick overview of my week, and then I'll talk about all the spiritual experiences here! And actually one of the coolest ones happened yesterday!! Ok, moving on

Monday: This is Literally all I wrote "P-Day!! yay!!"  welp. there ya go. 

Tuesday: This is how I started my journal entry "Wow, totally planned on writing more yesterday... awkward... repentance process on three! one, two, three!!"  Wow, I am so hilarious. Kidding haha! So Elder Roberts got a little sick, so we got medicine or him, and then we went to a devotional at night. Guess who spoke at the devotional!! Elder Oaks!! He is so smart, he basically blows my mind whenever he talks haha! His wife said to us "our missions aren't a time to boast of some language ability, it is a time to learn how to love like Christ" Elder Oaks took over and said "The Lord qualifies those he calls". That was a huge relief to me!! And I realized that one of the biggest things our mission is for is to learn how to love like Christ! It made me think of 1st John 4: 17-21 Which says: "17. herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgement: because as he is so are we in this world. 18. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 19. We love him, because he first loved us. 20. If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 21. And this commandment have we from him, that he who loveth God love his brother also." Sorry, I know It's kind of long, but it really hit me hard!! Have no fear he said, because as long as we have "perfect love" or the love of Christ, it will cast out all fear. Something that helped me was the thought of going with instead of the word brother, use the word companions. This helped me so much, and I realized that I can't judge other people because they sin differently than me, I can only figure out why they do the things they do, and then learn to love them from it. Amazing. We must love the lord with all our heart, and why do we do that? because he loved us first. 

Wednesday: Hosted for the last time and performed at the MTC!! Score!!! this is what I wrote "I performed for the new missionary welcome, at both of them that is :D Finally, dream come true to have my performance be live shown on huge projector screens to 508 people!! Ah!! So cool!! They both went exactly how I would have them go!! 

Thursday: All I wrote once again "In field orientation!!!" how awkward. 

Friday: Dont worry, I wrote about thursday in Friday's slot, so heres what I wrote "So... In field orientation was.... sobering. It was 9 hours long, but super cool!! We learned about what it will be like to actually be doing missionary work, work with ward council, use key indicators, and set goals! Awesome." In one of the classrooms, a sister said this comment "If there is something stopping you from feeling the spirit, such as sleeping, then you need to get over that now!" Thats so cool! Smackdown Laid! Game set and Match! Haha! On friday we saw one of our teachers for the last time, so that was also sad :( However, in the nighttime class, we had a super cool spiritual experience!!!!!! We were reading Alma 14 about Alma and Amulek being thrown into prison, and then compared it with John 19 with the Savior. What Alma and Amulek had to go through was only a bit of what the Lord had to go through, and they held themselves properly! It was crazy seeing how with alma and amulek, Nehor said "Know ye not that I have the power to deliver you to the flames?" and then with the savior, Pilate said "Know ye not that I have the power to crucify thee?" They used the same wording!!!! They must have gotten it in a book of evil guy quotes or something! But how did The lord and Alma and Amulek respond? Silence. They said nothing! When people "torture" us, what is our first response?? because silence is the most powerful. If we want to make a difference in this world, I suppose sometimes silence is the way to do it. Other times speak your mind! haha 

Saturday: My journal entry "Wow.... 3 days left... this is an unreal feeling!! I'm leaving on my mission soon!! wow!!" and that was all... amen. 

Sunday: My favorite day!! Really, sundays are the best thing since my morning bagels that I eat haha! So, this is fun spiritual Experience day, and sharing it will be my journal :D ". I ended my entry saying "I'm ready to go out and do this work, and I pray the Lord will qualify me, whom he hast called to proclaim his word, and bring souls to salvation." Amen, awesome ending to a sunday!! 

So ya, that was the week!! Now, I keep saying I want to talk about my general conference notes, but it's just not happening. Sorry! When I have more time, I promise that I will write some back!! I have absolutely no idea when I'll have no time, so just expect me not to write anymore back, and if I do, be really excited :D    So ya, that was my week!!! Thanks for being so awesome!! And thanks Mom and Dad for putting up with me, and putting my letters on the blog for me haha, thanks ;) 

CTR,

Elder Dawson (of the Daniel variety) 

No comments:

Post a Comment